Successful Treatment of Melasma in San Antonio
- Successful treatment of Melasma in San Antonio is achieved by iBright
- Thousands of patients with Melasma have been treated by Dr Ghohestani at TXID Melasma Clinic
- iBright, developed by research team at TXID San Antonio Melasma Clinic, is designed for Melasma treatment
- iBright is a revolutionary system for treatment of Melasma
- TXID Melasma Clinic is one of the few centers in the world that can successfully treat Melasma
Melasma is characterized by presence of dark brown spots on sun exposed areas mainly cheeks, upper lip, chin and forehead. Melasma and darkening of skin usually develops over the time and its very common in the San Antonio and Boerne areas. Why some develop Melasma is uncertain, increase in sex hormones especially during pregnancy and after taking oral contraceptive pills re among the most common cause of Melasma. Melasma in South Texas (San Antonio, Boerne) is more common in Hispanic, Idian and Asian skin types. In addition to sex hormones, sunlight is also implicated. Other factors that may have a role in development of Melasma include some photosensitizing meds, thyroid or ovarian diseases, and importantly certain cosmetic products.
Melasma is rare among men and young women, less than 10% of Melasma cases are Men. Pigmentation is seen in other diseases such as Addison disease, photosensitivity skin reactions, Discoid Lupus, Mastocytosis and Poikiloderma.
Research team at TXID developed iBright, a novel modality for successful treatment of Melasma
Successful treatment of Melasma requires years of experience. Dr. Ghohestani and his research team at Texas Institute of Dermatology in San Antonio have recently developed iBright, a revolutionary laser package for Melasma and dark spots.
iBright, a combination laser therapy for Melasma
Successful treatment of Melasma requires years of experience. Dr. Ghohestani and his research team at Texas Institute of Dermatology have recently developed iBright, a revolutionary laser system for Melasma. iBright is a composed of several state-of-the art lasers and innovative skin treatments for successful treatment of Melasma. iBright utilizes Dermabrasion , Spectra Q switched laser, and Fractional CO2 laser to address effectively Melasma.
- dermabrasion – mechanically removes the top layer of skin using a small titanium tip similar to fine-grained sand paper. Dermabrasion opens the door to laser beams to penetrate deeply into skin, thus it improves the efficacy of the Spectra and Fractional CO2 laser,
- Spectra Q-switched Laser – can specifically target and neutralize unwanted pigmented spots,
- Fractional CO2 Laser – light penetrates the deeper layers of the skin and target the melanocytes which are responsible for Melasma
Before development of iBright, people had to use topical hydroquinine cream 2-4%, Azelaic Acid, Tretinoin, cryotherapy or a chemical peel without noticing a significant improvement.
Chemical peels and lasers, if not used by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon, may cause a number of potential side effects such as scar formation or hyper pigmentation. Strict Sun avoidance and using a sunblock that contains Titanium or Zinc Oxide is highly recommended before, during and after treatment specially if you live in San Antonio or other areas in South Texas.
For more information, please call 210-698-6777 of email firstname.lastname@example.org .