Top San Antonio Boerne Center for Lip Augmentation and Enhancement
At Texas Institute of Dermatology, we offer a comprehensive approach for lip augmentation and enhancement using latest dermal fillers such as Juvederm Ultra and Voluma XC, Restylane and State-of-the art Lasers for treatment of fine lines as well as skin tightening around the lips and mouth. Ask about our iLip package. For more information email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-698-6777.
It is time to think about lip enhancement and augmentation if your attempts to enhance lip contours and fullness with lipsticks and lip plumpers does not meet your expectation. Truly effective lip enhancement requires a professional-grade product administered by a trained dermatologist. If after your consultation, the dermatologist agrees that it’s the right choice, Juvederm, Restylane or Restylane-L can add fullness and definition to your lips, with an aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking result.
Click here to hear about a patient’s happy experience.
Lip shapes are like fingerprints – no two are exactly alike
Few people find that they have been endowed with that ideal set of full lips. Instead, we most often fall into one of four common lip shape categories: thin, no upper lip, no lower lip, and irregular borders (vermillion border and overblown lips). Fortunately, due to advances in science and technology, you don’t have to waste time wishing for that perfect set of lips. Using injectable fillers, such as Restylane, or Juvederm Ultra XC, can help you achieve the look you have always desired with results lasting up to 12 months. All this can be accomplished in a simple office visit. Our cosmetic dermatologist suggests to treat fines lines on upper lip and around the lip corners when you plan for a lip augmentation in order to achieve a netter cosmetic outcome.
- Thin, flat lips: These kinds of lips are characterized by little or no definition and are very thin. This can sometimes be attributed to genetics, normal aging, or smoking. Regardless of the reason, the lip tissue has degraded over time causing a loss in definition. Complete lip augmentation is usually necessary to achieve the look you desire. According to Dr. Ghohestani, our renowned dermatologist, Juvederm Ultra XC is a good dermal filler for thin and flat lips combined with Voluma for fines lines around the mouth, Marionette and smile lines. Fractional Co2 laser can be used for skin rejuvenation around the mouth for a better cosmetic outcome.
- No upper lip: Historically, the upper lip tends to lose its volume first. Diminishing volume means less vermilion (border of the upper lip) over time. This exacerbates the nose to lip ratio, making it become even longer. This can most likely be remedied through upper lip augmentation. In more stubborn cases, a lip lift may be necessary to achieve the look you desire.
- No bottom lip: This particular lip shape is extremely rare. More often this condition is combined with the previous condition (no upper lip). The good news is that not only is bottom lip augmentation easier to perform, it is also more natural looking.
- Irregular vermilion border: This condition is characterized by one half of either the top of bottom lip not matching with the other half. Solutions can be as simple as injecting filler on the irregular half. This will not address issues with the vermilion, which may necessitate tattooing to permanently fix. In more severe instances a patient may consider a lip lift, but this is often accompanied by an unnatural “pulled” appearance.
- Too large, or overblown, “fish” lips: This condition often comes as a result of natural volume or, more frequently, improper augmentation. In the natural cases, surgery is generally the best option. If it is a result of improper augmentation, then the treatment will vary depending on the filler used to achieve the look.
There is no ideal set of lips for everyone, but there is an ideal lip shape for you. Let us show you how our experience combined with state-of-the-art technology and science can help you achieve the look you desire. We offer a unique approach in combining various techniques to meet your expectation. To schedule an appointment, contact us at (210) 698-6777 or email@example.com.
Lip Enhancement Process
A step-by-step guide to lip Enhancement with Restylane® andRestylane-L®
What you need to know before, during and after lip enhancement
The first and most important step is to sit down with Dr. Ghohestani or one of his associates for a cosmetic consultation on how Restylane or Restylane-L can improve the appearance of your lips. If you decide to try Restylane or Restylane-L for lip augmentation and enhancement, be sure to speak with our renowned dermatologist about the lip enhancement process first, and browse through our list of do’s and don’ts below.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements, as these may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Talk with Dermatologist if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. He may prescribe Valtrex to minimize recurrence.
During Lip Enhancement Procedure
- Treatment with Restylane or Restylane-L generally takes less than an hour
- After cleaning the area, Restylane or Restylane-L gel is injected into the lip area using an ultra-fine needle to create the desired enhancement
- You’ll See immediate and visible results.
After Lip Enhancement
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing).
- Reduce the risk of facial cold sore recurrence that could be caused by needle punctures by taking Valtrex.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment to avoid bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 14 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
- Contact us at 210-698-6777 if you experience side effects
Why should you choose Texas Institute of Dermatology for Lip Augmentation and Enhancement?
At the Texas Institute of Dermatology, we want you to have an excellent outcome and to feel that your needs and concerns have been promptly addressed in a caring and sensitive fashion. We strive diligently to ensure your satisfaction, comfort, privacy, and safety. All treatments are supervised or performed by Dr. Ghohestani, a former chief of Dermatology at UT San Antonio with many years of successful experience in a large variety of procedures. Many treatment modalities are available, and we can recommend the one or two that are most likely to meet your needs; we’re here to meet your needs and help you realize your aspirations. At our clinic in San Antonio, Texas, we serve communities throughout Bexar and Kendall counties, including San Antonio, Boerne, Leon Springs, Fair Oaks Ranch, Canyon Lake city; many of our patients also come from San Marcos, New Braunfels, Kerrville, Austin, Wimberley and Corpus Christi.